10 Sept 2013

Bugged Out invade XOYO


As I turned 21 this summer, it had to be celebrated with sufficient vigour. Enough to give me that nasty 2 day hangover. And I certainly succeeded on both fronts. I carefully selected XOYO as my venue of choice with Bugged Out at the helm and T.Williams, Maribou State and Breach on the decks.

I was particularly looking forward to seeing favourites Maribou State but to my huge disappointment and due to my somewhat intoxicated state I managed to completely miss them. However, I was so mesmerised by Breach that I failed to notice that I'd even missed out on Maribou until the morning after.

Breach aka Ben Westbeech is a master of multiple instruments as well as vocals, has had success with Dark Sky and Dusky releases on his 'Naked Naked' label, and more recently he has been well and truly smashing it in the past few months with his astronomically massive hit 'Jack', a tune so big your grandparents probably know the words. So it's no surprise that he bloody brought the house down spinning a slick mix of Jack, busting some serious moves behind the decks, even singing along with a deep and soulful voice at some stages and getting some old school club classics in at the end when the lights were fully on and no one would leave.

I can't find any clips from Saturday to share with you all so you'll have to go and check him out live immediately and I'll leave you with his new single 'Everything You Never Had' featuring vocals from Andreya Triana.

No comments:

Post a Comment